ROMUN Standing Rules
- Membership Applications shall be received and reviewed by officers from the first day of school until the Friday following SEMMUNA, and during the period between the officer elections and the end of the school year
- All members shall be selected upon the same criteria, criteria which must be decided upon before any period of applications. Personal knowledge of applicants on the part of the officers shall not be a factor in selecting ambassadors.
- Applicants must receive permission of their parents or guardians
- In the occasion that an application requires revision, the Executive Council may allot for a rewrite of the application under the following guidelines:
- A personal meeting between an officer and the applicant where the applicant will receive explanation of the necessity of a rewrite and have an opportunity to discuss with the officer necessary corrections.
- Only one rewrite is allowed, with no exceptions.
- The rewrite must be returned to an officer one week after the personal meeting is held.
- Rejected applicants may re-apply for membership in the following membership recruitment period
Experienced delegates pro-rate their points (i.e. third year member now has 150 pts.); new members begin this year with no points.
- 50 points -- UN pin
- 100 points -- individual award tbd (or Gavel for graduating senior)
- 150 points -- Flag set
- 200 points -- Gavel
- 250 points -- Plaque
- 300 points -- Honor Plaque
- Officers will retain their positions for their elected school year under the following conditions
- They fully satisfy the conditions for Ambassadorship
- They satisfy the definitions and responsibilities of their offices
- The Secretary-General will establish a calendar for elections for the following school year, with nominations occurring no earlier than April 1 and no later than May 1, with elections occurring no earlier than April 15 and no later than May 15
- If a ambassador at a conference grossly violates the Royal Oak Student Code of Conduct or the ROMUN overnight rules, the Executive Council and the Advisors may impose any punishment, including expulsion from the Club, they see necessary to address the violation
- An ambassador, acting as a representative of ROMUN, is expected to act in a manner consistent with the values of ROMUN, as enumerated elsewhere. If an ambassador does not act consistently with these values, and is acting as a representative or ROMUN at the time of the violation, the Executive Council reserves the right to dismiss the ambassador, or impose any other appropriate action it deems fit.